everybody who reblogs this will get a book quote based on their blog
Probably the Gray Wolf Throne by Cinda Williams Chima. I love purple, and I love crowns. And most of all, I love how my mom went out and bought this for me on the day it came out because she knew how obsessed I was with the series.
Maybe Someday - Colleen Hoover
Rating | ★★★★☆
Oh gods. Oh my gods. The only reason this lost a star was because I hate love triangles with every fiber of my being. But this one HURT. It hurt SO MUCH. There was nothing stupid about this love triangle. It was pure torture and I just wanted it to end and leave me alone so I could cry in peace.
When I started, I thought this was like Anna and the French Kiss. I thought that it was obvious that Sydney and Ridge were meant to be. I thought he would break up with his “stupid” girlfriend and things would be happy and fluffy. What I did not expect was to LIKE his girlfriend.
As much as I liked Sydney and Ridge, Maggie was three thousand times cooler. His girlfriend was awesome. What kind of a twisted book makes you root for multiple people? Because the problem is, no matter what happens, nobody wins, and everybody loses.
The pure emotions running rampant across this book were exquisite. The language was unbelievable. All of it was just overwhelming. And I loved how nothing happened unrealistically. I was so afraid somewhere along the way, one of the characters would mess up. One of them would make a decision that was out of character and ruin the whole book. But they were all so true to themselves. And the resolution, although bittersweet, was something I could wholeheartedly live with.
The end was a firecracker of glory. I think I must have whispered “thank you” to Colleen Hoover about fifty thousand times, because I was holding my breath in fear and was finally able to let out a deep sigh of relief. This book was so different than what I expected. The twists kept coming. I’m thankful it’s over, in a way, because I don’t think I could have survived much more heartache. Please don’t take that the wrong way, I loved the book. But I really hope I never deal with this situation in real life, because it is just too painful.
Wait, one more thing. I almost forgot. The dialogue is hilarious. I laughed out loud even if I cried. It’s genius humor. The prank war is probably one of the funniest things I’ve read. Maybe because I’m a sucker for pranks, but I swear the whole thing isn’t a sob fest. It’s really funny too.
My feelings for this book are just all over the place.
Read a popular or well-known book
Read a book you’ve heard a lot of good things about
Read a book you’ve never heard of before
Read something recommended to you by a friend
- Read a book with an upcoming movie adaptation
Read a book from your Goodreads to-read shelf
Read a book to go towards a specific reading challenge
- Read a book you received as a gift or from a giveaway
- Read a book you received in exchange for an honest review
- Re-read one of your favourite books
- Read one of your best friend’s favourite books
Pick up a book that looks like a fun/light read
- Pick out a book from your TBR jar and give it a go
- Pick a colour and choose a book with that colour on it’s cover
Go to the library and borrow out the first book that looks good
- Go to a bookstore and ask for a book recommendation
Read something you need to read for school, university or work
Read a book you’ve been meaning to read
Read a book you’ve been avoiding
- Read a book you’ve had lying around unfinished
Finish an entire book in ONE day
Read a book by an author you haven’t read before
- Read a book about books
- Read a book written by a local author
- Read outside
Read out loud (read a minimum of one full page!)
Finish a book in a series you’ve not yet completed
- Read a graphic novel or manga
- Read a book with an LGBTQ+ character #weneeddiversebooks
Read a Classic
Read a book in the Fantasy genre
Read a book in the Contemporary genre
Read a book from a genre you don’t usually read
- Read a poetry book
- Read a collection of short stories
- Read a book written by or focusing on POC #weneeddiversebooks
- Read a book by an indie or self-published author
Recommend a book to a friend or a fellow book blogger
- Share some of your favourite quotes from the books you read
Write a book review for one of the books you read
- Share your progress and updates through video (book vlogging)
- Take pictures of your reading progress
- Show off your books by taking more pictures
Start a TBR Jar/box/etc.
- Start a reading journal
- Organise a ‘Blind Date with a Book’ with friends
- Organise a book swap with friends
- Read a book featured in booktown's Book Club
- Read The Night Circus for the Read-Along held by readathousandlives & thefictionologist
- Read a book featured in the Summer Reading Book Club
- Take part in the Gemma Doyle Read-Along held by bookmad & adventuresonpaper
- Take part in the Harry Potter Book Club
- Read a book from thebooker's Underrated Book Project
- Read a book from thebooker's #monthoffantasy list
- Read a book from thebookishdragon's Book Lovers List
- Join discussions on the Treesofreverie Read-A-Thon Goodreads Group
- Join the Treesofreverie July Read-A-Thon event on Facebook and share your TBR list
Treesofreverie ReadAThon Questionnaire!
01. Where will you be sharing your updates for the July Read-A-Thon?
02. It’s TBR pile time! What are you hoping to read? Why did you select these books to read?
I’ve given up forcing myself to read books. I’m just going to read whatever I feel like whenever I feel like. I enjoy reading so much more now! Before, it was becoming stressful. I still have a list, but I don’t force myself to read off it.
03. What are you looking forward to reading the most? Why?
Well…I have Queen of the Tearling and Landline on hold at the library right now! I can’t wait to read them!
04. Have you participated in a Treesofreverie Read-A-Thon before?
Nope! And it is SO MUCH FUN
05. What are your goals for the July Read-A-Thon?
To read. I just want to read and love it. I want to enjoy reading and sharing and discussing. Simple enough :D